Re: [OM] IMG: My Daily Companion

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Daily Companion
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 22:12:53 +0000
I agree, Moose.

I had two Nook Simple Touch devices, Moose.  I really like the e-Ink display.

I was very happy with the first one, but it stopped working;  I then bought a
used one on the Internet just before Barnes and Noble stopped operating in the
UK, removing the easy purchase of reading material.  I could still use the
contorted Adobe transfer system, or load ePub files on the microSD card, but it
grew tedious. I’ve just sold it (£25).  My Kobo is one of the H2O things that I
can read with impunity in the bath (:-)).

I used an iPad mini (now relegated to control duties with my Mavic Air) or my
newer iPad Air in the bath, but I’m keenly aware of the risk to a £500 device.
Also, my Kobo’s backlit screen allows me to read in the middle of the night
with less chance of waking Julia (crime).  My Kobo synchronises book and place
with my iPad in case have to read books with the latter, for some reason.

And I’m rather addicted to CJ Sansom’s Shardlake series, which I’ve
unfortunately nearly finished.  But e-readers have vastly increased my book
reading.  They don’t smell the same as books, but they are more practical (as
well as being easier on the wrist).

But I can’t read any newspapers on my Kobo.

Chris