[OM] OT: Coronacooties

Subject: [OM] OT: Coronacooties
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:56:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Our mayor just ordered all bars, restaurants, and gyms closed as of today.
 We can still do takeout.

     Our grocery stores are being stripped clean.  I was fortunate to replenish
certain items, but in a couple of weeks people will probably be getting
desperate as they go bat shit crazy being stuck at home.

     The global mortality rate is 4.09% as of this morning, and in Italy it's
10.43%.  I have a bad feeling that we're looking at an entirely new strain that
is more aggressive.

     Looking at the statistics, we may be fortunate here in the southwest.
This bug appears to like cold, damp environments, and if so then we will be
relieved here next month when the temperatures rise and we dry out.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson