Re: [OM] If You Must . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] If You Must . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 21:11:07 -0800
On 1/9/2020 10:18 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
That makes quite a difference, that app.

I have only the iPhone SE but it produces good enough shots for family snaps – as long
as I don’t go too close.

I had an SE, until about a month ago. I'd been envying Carol's big screen, and
the inducement of $400 off captured me. I couldn't see where the extra wider
lens on the 11 Pro models would do me any good.

Do you shoot Raw (DNG file type) with yours? The capability is built in. Apple
chooses not to use it in their Camera App. But several other apps do. I mostly
used Camera+

The possible improvement is not as great as Halide on the later models, but
still considerable.

People, in decentlight.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/iPhone%20SE%20Raw/BFFs.htm>

Substantial improvement, to my eye. Not up to Helicon on the latest phones, but
worthwhile.

An amazing sunset, where I was lucky we were heading West and I was in the
passengerseat.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/iPhone%20SE%20Raw/Inferno.htm>

The big thing here is holding the highlights.

Take a photo of an Irish country pub in midday sun, and the difference issmall. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/pGQk2ZzaqqTPELbK8>
Ex SE Moose.