Re: [OM] 12-200

Subject: Re: [OM] 12-200
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 23:54:04 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<Yup, 12-60 isn't a long as 12-100. And occasionally, but not too often, I
miss that coverage. OTOH, it's optically as good, so don't give anything away
there.

I am skeptical about the long end of the  12-200.  It has weather sealing but I
wonder if you can put it under a deluge like the 12-100.  The sync IS with
12-100 is just remarkable!!  Even at F4 the  lack of subject isolation ability
of the 12-100 can be a pain though.  It is a tad sharper than the PL 12-60 at
the long end as I recall.

Here is a Marnie shot from Bhutan with the 12-100:

https://www.olyendomike.com/Bhutan-Bangkok-2017/i-GR6KSgG/A

I had to use a Moose processing procedure to improve the bokeh.   Marnie wants
the reach.   Moose's point about the macro ability of the 12-60 is well taken
and it is clearly massively better at this from samples I've seen with the
12-20  and I know first hand with  the 12-100.  The 12-100 did not like my
Pentax achromatic diopter but may like the new
Siggie one Moose found.  The PL is smaller and a better hiking lens but I don't
think nearly as weather proof.  I think it has dual IS with Panny bodies.

They each have their place, but not sold on the 12-200, Mike