Re: [OM] Android Camera Apps

Subject: Re: [OM] Android Camera Apps
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 17:38:06 +1030
When using alternate sources for Android apps (or any platform, really),
take care where these are coming from. It's quite common for 'warez' to
have some extra little 'gifts' built-in that may be worse than anything
the 'Big G' has to offer...

At least the play store is now being a bit selective about what they are
allowing to be released. Mid last year, apps developed using the (third
party) Igexin software development kit (SDK) were sending user data back
to China (and were taken down by Google).

davidt