Re: [OM] Android Camera Apps

Subject: Re: [OM] Android Camera Apps
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 12:05:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've used Open Camera for a couple of days now, and I do like it.  I was
curious about the Camera2 API module, so I installed a diagnostic app named
"Camera2 API Probe" to see if it was there and just disabled.  No, it's not
there, but this phone does allow manual focusing and does not have RAW
recording capability.  That's okay as the 5M JPEG format is quite good.

     So, I installed "DSLR Camera Professional" (aka "Manual Camera") and gave
it a try.  It does have manual focusing, which uses either a slider or the
volume control buttons.  Recording formats are about half of what Open Camera
has, but that's not very important.  There is no distinct macro function, but
it will focus down to about two inches.

     Finding a downloadable version outside Google Play was a bit frustrating,
but I was lucky and found one that had the advertising disabled.

>1. Open Camera. Shoots raw and everything. However, very few
>cell-phone cameras (if really any) have variable aperture. I really
>like this app and use it mostly for video, but it's great for getting
>100% out of the camera. Free.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson