Re: [OM] Android Camera Apps

Subject: Re: [OM] Android Camera Apps
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 02:05:53 -0500
For what it's worth, the reason that aperture control is limited is that
stopping down
gets you into diffraction fuzziness very quickly because the focal length is so
little and
the aperture so narrow.  I think most cell cameras stick at their maximum.

Try the Windows Depth of Field / Diffraction calculator here:
http://www.dl-c.com/DoF/
to see how early your lens suffers from diffraction when stopping down.
Find your camera specs at gmsarena.com

--tom

…

--
"Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work." -- Naomi Bloom
“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” —

  _~o           "It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the
 _-\<,_         contours of a country best,
(_)/ (_)        since you have to sweat up the hills
    and coast down them. " ~ Ernest Hemingway
“Don’t buy upgrades, ride up grades.”—Eddy Merckx.
   tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Skype:Abacurial
   http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com Twitter Facebook
P Est-ce c'est necessaire d'imprimer ce courriel?/Do you really need to print
this email?