[OM] [OT] Climate Change

Subject: [OM] [OT] Climate Change
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:20:11 +0100
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Here on the east side of the Atlantic, I was not aware of the idea that
America was regarded as mainly responsible although we are aware that you
seem to have a larger lobby of climate change deniers than most,  not least
your President. It is however commonly noted that in the USA peoples' views
on such matters (or abortion or environmental matters) appear to be much
more closely linked to political allegiance than elsewhere.
With regard to climate change itself, I think most people would agree that
major climate changes have occurred in the last 4+billion years, but we
have to remember that man has not been around for most of that time
(according to generally accepted modern science), and while some people
might survive another ice-age an unmoderated rise in temperatures would
appear likely to be disastrous for many and those living near current sea
levels (including major capitals like London and New York) amongst the
first to suffer.
Brian Gray