Re: [OM] Focus Stacketing [was Re: OM-D E-M1 Mark II or?]

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Stacketing [was Re: OM-D E-M1 Mark II or?]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:33:08 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
JS writes
<<I don’t know much about Mamiya, but it’s medium-format, no? Which means 35mm
<<would be extreme wide angle. I think you’re right that the register distance
<<would be an impediment.

35mm on 645 is diag aov of about 23mm on full frame--so quite wide angle.

http://www.jcolwell.ca/photography/calc-info/index.htm

(Jim from FM excellent calculator.)

 You might be right about the adapters.  Regist distance for Mamiya 645 is 63.3
min and Sony E 18mm leaving 45 .3 mm.  Min extension for the Oly bellows is
36mm, right?
I have to check my  tilt-shift-T2-mount Hama bellows.
I know it is late and have to get home but that leaves about 9.3 mm for 2
adapters.  OM lens  mount ones are tough due to the locking mechanism--Mirex
came up with an ingenious short one for my Mirex
T-S adapter for OM so it can be done, but by whom?  Perhaps a short OM to Sony
E will not  be too much trouble for the bellows to cam adapter.  I hope Ian
hasn't retired at SRB.   The 135 Zuiko is a great lens with a HUGE image circle
but macro landscapes need a wide angle I think.

Perhaps I am off the rails again with this wild hair, but have been thinking
about this for awhile.  No clue how the Mamiya 35mm behaves at >1:2 mag but
probably not super well, but may be good enough.

Mike