[OM] IMG: Learning to Use the Shoulder Stock

Subject: [OM] IMG: Learning to Use the Shoulder Stock
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 16:07:08 -0600
Trying to master my recently acquired Leitz 14188 Shoulder Stock with my 250 Telyt, I walked outside in the afternoon sun to find that all of the birds had disappeared.  I did find that the half moon looked pretty good on a blue sky day.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180125-DSCF6127.JPG.html

Some may recall that squirrels in my row of Holly trees wreaked havoc on a section of overhead fiber optic cable, resulting in the loss of my trees, which were actually planted beneath the lines by the Utility Company, to replace some white pines that got out of hand.  And, the 150-ft section of expensive fiber had to be replaced, resulting in two expensive and time-consuming splices. Here is one of the two splice boxes, where each of the individual fibers had to be spliced to a replacement cable.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180125-DSCF6130.JPG.html

Since extra cable was required in order to do the splicing at ground level, the extra cable had to be secured when the job was done.  Because the fiber cable requires a fairly large bend radius, the bend must be secured carefully.  I see quite a few of these as I drive around town.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180125-DSCF6129.JPG.html

The stock makes the heavy lens a lot more manageable.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA