Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 17:15:07 -0500
> Which is the reason I'd pick Denver over it. Well, that and the mountains.
> Fortunately, I don't have to make that choice. :-)

There is another distinct advantage of Denver over most places in the
country. Culturally, it is very neutral and doesn't possess a lot of
weird people-groups that dictate the "norms". Also, historically
speaking, it is a relatively young city that grew up and changed from
its cow-town roots. Granted, if you are in Denver-Proper, or in the
first ring, it's kinda older and has typical big-city issues. But
start working outward and it really shifts on you.

And it's growing and changing so rapidly!

Four years ago when I was out there for six months, I was in
Littleton. Great, awesome, yada yada. But, since that time, the
construction zones have moved outward, and it's already done and over
with. There are only a couple of vacant lots left on the entirety of
County Line Road. Where Centennial Airport was beyond the SW border of
everything new in commercial development, it's rapidly filling in from
there all the way across the entirety of Centennial to Parker. As the
DTC is now full, the ITC is the boom spot. There are at least 10 new
BIG buildings in the ITC since I left, and at least that many being
constructed.

The front range has always been on a form of a 10 year cycle or so.
For 7 of those years you'll have insane growth, then three years of
zero growth where everybody catches their breath. Then it starts all
over again. It's balls-to-the-wall growth right now.

AG