Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:29:18 -0500
>      A bit draconian, but worth considering.  Denver already has water
> issues, with some of the municipal water being piped in from the west slope
> and the Oglala aquifer being drawn down.

The front range and limited water has been a point of discussion and
concern for as long as the first settler landed there. It's pretty
interesting how they've managed to keep pace and reclaim water over
and over again in a way that almost makes it self-sustaining. Every
time you turn around, another reservoir is built.

I find it incredibly bizarre how much lawn watering and tree planting
is done in the Denver area. I was chatting with someone "in the know"
about that, and what I thought was an absolute waste of water actually
isn't so much. The sprinkling runoff goes right back to a reservoir
and the increased humidity from lawns and trees helps stabilize both
the temperatures and increases rainfall.

The bigger issue, in climate change, which I've talked about before,
is how it all alters the downslope winds and the far reaching effect
that has.

AG Schnozz