Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:25:52 -0700
Living in Alaska takes a major mental reboot. You're not in Kans...errr,,,Iowa anymore. Long dark, cold winters take their toll. Plan on leaving every winter. Plenty of quirky personalities and politics. Not so many amenities as in the Scandinavian countries to help. lot of drinking and poverty. Beautiful surroundings but not a particularly attractive city. And nobody retires there. They all come here like two of my close neighbors. some people like it but I would recommend a January visit before committing.