Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on locations
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 07:22:30 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     A bit draconian, but worth considering.  Denver already has water issues,
with some of the municipal water being piped in from the west slope and the
Oglala aquifer being drawn down.

     Albuquerque may be a long-term survivor as it draws water from the Rio
Grande, though the management of that watershed it a bit haphazard.  It's
interesting socially, with Hispanics dating back to the days of New Spain, a
Jewish community that dates back to the Inquisition, and a good variety of
Pueblo tribes.  Albuquerque can't expand much more as it is bracketed by
federal lands in every direction.

     Phoenix is forecast the be the first major catastropy of climate change.
We keep growing while the water resources continue to be compromised by the
developers.  The higher temperatures expected due to climate change will be on
our doorstep this coming week, with an excessive heat warning beginning today
and already continuing into Thursday with a day or two of 120F or higher
temperatures.  I'm expecting to see this situation continue through next
weekend.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson