Re: [OM] Syrian Children

Subject: Re: [OM] Syrian Children
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 06:17:58 +0100
Tina

It’s a beautiful photo of lovely kids, that’s for sure.

But in your previous post you mixed your presentation of photographs with a
seriously contentious statement, implying that Assad’s regime was perhaps in
the right.  I decided not to argue with you about that, but by the same token
not to comment on your photographs.

I don’t know under whose patronage you were in Syria, nor who provided your
guards.  You can provide photographs for comment in isolation, but it’s best
that we don’t go down the route of arguing about which faction, including the
Government, is doing the damage in that ghastly civil war.

Finally, I don’t comment on photographs in the ether.  You are obviously a busy
photographer who has dedicated her life to documenting societies across the
world, to good effect.  But I don’t expect to make comment and never to receive
a reply.  I tried that every so often with Chris Crawford’s photos and have
never received a reply; so I sometimes look at his photos but rarely comment.

Chris