Re: [OM] Syrian Children

Subject: Re: [OM] Syrian Children
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 02:15:41 -0700
On 6/14/2017 5:20 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
Moose, you are right on the non alterable RAW. My workflow for RAW conversion may be a little different from yours. I always refer to the original JPEG when making adjustment to make sure the image won't go too far then switch between the original JPEG and my own adjustment to see which I like better. Of course sometimes I will make bigger adjustment which depends on the type of images. For portrait I will keep the adjustment minimal.

I do very few portraits.

A straight camera output to me is no HDR and normal contrast, most camera manufacturer will no do other strange things on image settings.

Unless one starts messing with the in-camera adjustments.

In most cases, I only do exposure, color temperature, curve.

Yes, well, I have been know on occasion to go further . . .

The rest are compensate for lens and image sensor fault. Such as distortion, vignetting, chroma, defringe and noise reduction etc.

Excessive sharpen, clarity and HDR are commonly seen and which I try to avoid.

Is the Clarity slider the one that's responsible for all those bright halos I see so often? UGH. I dislike HDR. On the very rare occasions where I need to combine shots for DR, I find do-it-myself with gradient masks more natural. I just did take some bracketed shots for a very high DR subject. Wonder how I'll handle it?

Its All Process Moose