[OM] Nathan's PAD 12/6/2017: Brussels, ugly and beautiful

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/6/2017: Brussels, ugly and beautiful
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:29:42 +0200
I have been in Brussels since yesterday morning, attending a two-day meeting
hosted by OLAF, the EU Anti-Fraud Office. Obviously, my camera is with me as
always. Four images from yesterday.

This is Place Rogier, where I am staying at the Thon hotel, and the meeting I
am attending is at the Crowne Plaza in the background. Military vehicles like
this are a common sight in Brussels these days:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vnZXMxH/A

Brussels is home to many political activists, and putting stickers on lampposts
is a common form of expression:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xVBQvbp/A

But now on to something beautiful. I took the preceding picture while walking
to Grand’ Place, were the hosts of the conference had arranged dinner on the
second floor of one of the best restaurants on the square, La Maison du Cygne.
This was the view from our dining room:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-PmQQjgf/A

And it only got prettier as the evening wore on:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-tFKZVKS/A

I love this city, and I will be back here next week :-)

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain