Re: [OM] OT Chili Dogs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Chili Dogs
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 20:58:37 -0500
> I suppose we all need some goal to help us get up in the morning. ;-)

Well, that and two college classes on top of a full-time job. :)

>> These are "Greek Chili Dogs".
> Sure that's not "Geek Chili Dogs"?

Very much so. The efforts made to deconstruct the secret recipe are
legend. It is interesting that I have 20 ingredients in this sauce and
the highest amount ever referenced in any single sauce recipe is about
12. It's been a many-year effort to figure this out. While I don't
have the ability to do a direct A/B comparison test right now, I will
say that this is as close as I've ever experienced outside of the real
thing. Even if it isn't "exact", it's close enough to perfection and
uniqueness that I am pretty satisfied. I might tweek it a little bit
now for my own preference.

> My cooking goals tend to involve creating my own dishes or variations on
> classic themes that are unique and mind blowingly good.

Mine too. I'm usually inventing all sorts of unique things that more
often than not are edible by me only. But the G&L recipe has been a
personal challenge of mine for a long long time.

AG