Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 06:57:22 +0000
I’ve long thought about this, Moose: I don’t know how you can deal with a
2-step system that ACR must entail.  Is it not immensely time-consuming?

LR. Apple Aperture and Capture One provide a single-step process of Raw
conversion, requiring that you import the images to the programme’s library;
the Raw conversion is automatic and provides you with a preview and a library
system.  Once that is done any other process is fine-tuning and the user has no
further file management to carry out.  I picture you opening a Raw file in ACR,
fine-tuning and exporting the file to your storage location.  I understand that
you can do it in batches, but it’s still 2-stage, is it not?

I know that Chuck could never get his head around how LR dealt with its
catalogued files, but for me that is what makes these programmes so useful.  I
don’t like LR, having tried it several times, but it must be useful for
millions of photographers.

Chris