Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 11:04:41 +0800
I mainly use RawTherapee these days. The highlight recovery is the best I have ever used including PS4. You can select blend, color propagation and two other modes. I found color propagation mode do a magic work in many cases.

There is no lens distortion data or plug-ins but it does has distortion correction (simple barrel and pincushion, auto and manual), it works for me.

May be there is no CA correction but it do a pretty good job in color fringe correction, you can do overall fringe or use selective colors. It is better than the Spix comes with Pana FZ1000 which expected to have lens data built-in.

For color, I have setup profiles for different camera bodies and they always give very close match to the original camera JPEG. You can also dig into the "raw black points" I found it very useful for my Lumia 830 raw files.

The problem with RawThrapee is has too many controls, you have to spend lots of time to find out which work for you.

C.H.Ling