Re: [OM] Short Term or Long View

Subject: Re: [OM] Short Term or Long View
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 23:00:13 -0800
On 1/6/2017 9:42 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Tres Tacos Moose wrote:

. . .
I know that I will never buy another 28/2 again if I sell this one,
Hahahahahahahaha
Actually, probably true. I experienced dating a model, I'm happy to be
married to a normal person.

Never went anywhere, but I did have a couple of dates and walked around campus with a serious knockout. Really weird, finding every eye wherever we were apparently looking at me. I had some hopes, but I was only a peripheral part of the reason her wildly conservative parents yanked her home from UC mid semester. :-)

Funny thing, though, the girl with the most men after her, including me, had a pretty serious scarring on one cheek from fire. Sometimes it's not what's up front, but what's inside that counts.

No need to lust after a model again because I've already been there, done that.
The 28/2 is kinda like
that model.

Well, for not all that interesting reasons, I have three of them, so you know where to look when you want to go back. Once upon a time, there was a cheap 28/2 with bent filter threads and slightly marred FE, and hopes of a new replacement element . . .

(But when it is pressed up against the OM-3Ti, oh wow)...

Or put it in a drawer and see what happens in the future.
Wait and See Moose
Yup. I think that's a perfectly sane approach. I'm NOT like those
other photography bloggers who change camera systems more often than
they change underwear. When you find a system that matches up with
you, there is little reason to lust after the next new shiny. Tina,
for example, is Leica Forever and proud of it. I'm Olympus Forever and
proud of it.

I'm with what works, and even happier if I like it. Nikon F 'til the OM-1, Oly 'til the E-1 disappointed, Canon 'til the E-M5, largely Oly µ/4/3 - until they don't deliver, which doesn't appear to be on the near horizon. Well, there is the A7, but that's for something only FF will do.

What Olympus OM Geek bar-none WOULDN'T have a 28/2 in his
kit? I would be the laughing stock of this list.

Especially as you already have fewer than I do. ;-)

Needler Moose