Re: [OM] Back Button Focus was IMG: A Lesson That Should Have Been Obvio

Subject: Re: [OM] Back Button Focus was IMG: A Lesson That Should Have Been Obvious
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 08:29:41 +0100
Ian

I’ve read articles about that technique over the years but I’ve never been able
to see any advantage over merely using the shutter release.  Although I
mentioned, in response to Jim’s query, that the focus ring can be turned while
in AF to refine focus, you have to have a MF focus aid visible to be accurate
with the focus.  Since you don’t have a focus aid available (in my quick test
yesterday with an X-Pro1) it looked too difficult to me to use any manual focus
refinement – while AF was available, at least.

So what’s the point, old chap? ;-)

Chris