Mine is bigger than yours [was Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus

Subject: Mine is bigger than yours [was Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus cameras - duh
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 21:43:56 -0800
On 3/8/2016 8:47 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I visited the one in/on Racoon Mtn. in Tennessee. Kinda cool. Nice hike in
the woods on top, too.
The one at Ludington, Michigan is incredible.

Raccoon looks cooler, I think. Reservoir on top of a large natural mountain* and guts inside. The surface of the reservoir when full is about 1,500' above the river. So it must have a considerably higher head than Ludington.

Oddly, enough, getting head height for these facilities isn't that easy. Wikipedia says Lake Michigan water is raised 360', while another site gives an effective head of 529'. A TV news story gives 1,100' for Raccoon. In any case, it generates more than twice the power of Ludington with less than half the stored water.

Glug, Glug Moose

* We tend to call things 1,000' tall hills around here. I live at that altitude in the Berkeley Hills, maybe 70% of the way up.