Re: [OM] Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus cameras - duh

Subject: Re: [OM] Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus cameras - duh
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 16:16:10 -0600
I like the house.  But then, the FLLWright in me always likes modern
houses.  However, I would leave it that color. Very natural, feels "right"
with the landscape.  Slate blue and white would go against my grain.  But
then again, it ain't my house.

You have a double-walled soundproofed room for the studio?

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here is a picture of the front of the house. Over the next several
> months, it will get a new roof, several new windows, the front
> slightly modernized and completely repainted to probably a slate-blue
> and white trim color scheme. The central, high portion of the roof is
> can be changed to 100% PV and would make the house just about energy
> neutral. The rest of the house is designed passive solar and the
> central atrium floor is almost six cubic yards of concrete thermal
> mass. All windows are set back for no summer sun intrusion, but full
> winter sun.  You can see how the midday sun is already being limited
> as the sun is getting higher in the sky. The window area and thermal
> mass was properly calculated for our latitude and climate when it was
> built. Side walls are nearly a foot thick with split-stud
> double-walls.
>
> The question is whether or not to do the entire roof with integrated,
> or leave the two sides alone and just do the high portion.

> AG Schnozz
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie