Re: [OM] Amazon cloud drive

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazon cloud drive
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 10:14:11 -0500
I currently have 21 4 TB drives hooked up.  Most of them are Western
Digital.  I have had several Seagates fail.  No WD that I have had has
failed.  (I'm knocking on wood now!)
Lacie is the worst I've ever used, but I don't think they are in business
anymore.

Tina

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul,
> My local external SATA drive is filling up.  I note that you are using a
> 3TB drive for this purpose.  The reviews are confusing. What drive do you
> recommend?
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 3/2/2016 3:04 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
>
>> Well, I have the main library on a RAID on my desk.  I have a 3TB single
>> drive that serves as redundant local backup, plus I use Backblaze as my
>> main Cloud backup.  I'm just looking at Amazon as secondary cloud backup.
>> am definitely NOT one of those "Just run everything from the cloud!!!"
>>   people. If the internet connection goes down, you're SOL.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Leo Wesson <leowesson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> My philosopy as far as the web goes is if you don't pay for it, don't
>>> trust
>>> it.
>>> And that's how I feel about Amazon Cloud, Google, Yahoo....
>>>
>>> I do have a friend who runs an enterprise website hosted on Amazon and he
>>> has been know to not have a website on occasion due to a burp in the
>>> cloud....
>>>
>>> Don't put all your eggs in one cloud!
>>>
>>> Leo Wesson
>>> Photographer/Videographer
>>> 817.733.9157
>>> www.leowesson.com
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> If it's just storage you want with easy access then I can recommend the
>>>>
>>> wire

> --

Tina Manley
http://
<http://t.sidekickopen42.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJN7t5XYgfmKYPW4WzBHl3Mx_9dW3LqWkM56dQ1Jf7P8b5b02?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftina-manley.artistwebsites.com%2F&si=6038418186567680&pi=92867dd4-e84b-482f-fcec-5714e12c9eda>
www.tinamanley.com
http://socialdocumentary.net/photographer/tinamanley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com/