Re: [OM] Amazon cloud drive

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazon cloud drive
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:53:14 -0600
Hi Ken,

The drive that needs replacing is a WD Caviar Black from June 2010, and it is still working fine, but is too small to handle my weekly backup and current photo images. My 16MP Fuji RAF files appear as 25MB, and full-size TIFF files appear as 95MB, so I'm adding about 14GB per week. And this is with an old sensor! The newer cameras, with modern sensors, devour the space even faster.

My review of Newegg comments on WD Black 1-4TB was not encouraging. Some comments were about overheating, and many, many were about noise. Others were DOA. I'm still scratching my head.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA