Re: [OM] Amazon cloud drive

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazon cloud drive
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 02:14:40 +0000 (UTC)
time to delete.........   :-)

----- Original Message -----From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Thu, 03 Mar 2016
17:53:14 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [OM] Amazon cloud drive

Hi Ken,

The drive that needs replacing is a WD Caviar Black from June 2010, and it is
still working fine, but is too small to handle my weekly backup and current
photo images. My 16MP Fuji RAF files appear as 25MB, and full-size TIFF files
appear as 95MB, so I'm adding about 14GB per week. And this is with an old
sensor! The newer cameras, with modern sensors, devour the space even faster.

My review of Newegg comments on WD Black 1-4TB was not encouraging. Some
comments were about overheating, and many, many were about noise. Others were
DOA. I'm still scratching my head.

Jim NicholsTullahoma, TN USA

On 3/3/2016 11:36 AM, Ken Norton wrote:> The Western Digital drives have been
very good. At this time, that's> the only brand I'll buy. But next year could
be different...>> When it comes to hard drives, the 200,000 hour MTBF means
that one out> of every 200,000 units will fail every hour.>> Are you feeling
lucky? Punk?>> AG

http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/Themed Olympus Photo
Exhibition: http://www.tope.nl/