Re: [OM] another side of B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] another side of B&H
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 07:34:26 -0400
If you look at a graph of US productivity growth and US income growth,
you'll see the two are intertwined like strands of DNA until about 1973,
when public policy changes started allowing US corporations to do some
not-so-nice-things. Since 1973, income growth has remained the "bunny
slope" at the ski resort, while productivity is so steep you couldn't ski
down that slope, you'd just roll. We are working much, much harder for
much, much less money, while the overwhelming bulk of the money goes to the
top 5 percent of people, who are not trickling it down to the rest of us
like Uncle Ronnie claimed they would, unless you count pissing on our legs
as tricking down.

Cautionary note: I am not an economist. And I've never pretended to be.
Well, not that I can remember. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal