Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:44:52 -0400
I have You Need a Map, but had to uninstall on my phone because it uses so
much available space. (I made the mistake of getting the iPone with only 16
gigs of memory. Won't make that mistake again. It's a great app.)

Chris Barker introduced me to Co-Pilot, which I installed on my iPhone, and
suddenly rendered my Garmin obsolete. Co-Pilot has maps, so all it needs is
the GPS signal. I also bought the UK version, which we used this past May
in Scotland. It's not quite as solid as a dedicated GPS, but it does the
trick well enough. There were a couple of spanking new roundabouts that
didn't register, but we got where we were going anyway.

And I believe the traffic warning function is significantly better than
Garmin's, at least as it appears on our Garmin, a Nuvi 755, as I recall.
Five or six years old. With the Garmin, the traffic feature works only in
areas where a traffic network is established. Through some kind of dark
necromancy, Co-Pilot knows about traffic issues that Garmin doesn't. Coming
back from Portland last week, I suddenly got a red patch on my route and an
announcement that 17 minutes had been added to my trip time. About that
time traffic on 295 came to a halt and I inched my way forward for about
15-20 minutes until I passed a traffic boo-boo. The red disappeared and she
were clear sailing to Round Pond.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal