Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (Warning! Cute!)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 19:42:47 -0700
On 8/31/2015 5:15 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
On 8/31/15 19:10 : , Moose wrote:

The iPhone is plenty accurate for my needs.

I've never thought of this. Perhaps I should get it tonight in preparation for the vacation/cruise we leave for on Wednesday? Can you give me the brief how-to on how to tie GPS readings into the photos I take? Will make it easier to remember things when I get home and do a massive LR upload.

The output from geotracking programs is generally a file with the extension
.gpx.
You need to get them on the computer where LR lives.
Do all the image importing first.
Select a set of images for which you have GPX file(s). Usually, this will be a
subdirectory for a day.
Go to the Map page.
Click the obscure little wiggly line below the map.
On the pop-up, select Load Tracklog.
Select the correct GPX file. With most apps, they will be identified by date in
the name.
If the date/time range of the selected images and that of the track don't coincide, LR will guess that you have a mismatch of time zones and allow you to easily correct that.
Select whatever the obvious button is to continue.
You will see icon for location data appear on the thumbnails.

You may also geocode images where you forgot to run a tracklog by going there on the map and dragging selected images to the right place on the map.

There are lots of tutorials on the web about the Map functions and at least one plug-in to make it more easy and/or powerful that I haven't explored.

Where's Moose