[OM] Off List - Re: Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock

Subject: [OM] Off List - Re: Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:24:11 -0700
On 4/19/2015 5:04 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I've never even looked at a GX7 until just now on DPReview. What I see there that interests me is the tiltable EVF and its placement to the left (good for a left-eyed shooter) to avoid covering the even better placed AF lock button.

I guess you wouldn't be really interested. I'll be selling my GX7. Not because of any particular shortcomings. Just a matter of making life easier. A couple of years ago, I started carrying two cameras when really out shooting, thus vastly reducing the time and hassle of switching lenses all the time or missing shots.

I first tried it with E-M5 and E-PM2, which worked well enough that I've used that approach since. With 12-50 on one and 75-300 on the other, I had only a few switches to 60/2.8 macro or 9-18. (Hmmm, E-PM2 in the bag, with 9-18 already mounted ... how might that work? Can you tell how much I dislike switching lenses in the field?)

I then switched to E-M5 and GX7, which has worked pretty well. The GX7 EFC gets rid of the slight delay and funny sound of the shutter shock delay. The one drawback has been the different physical design (not the EVF), logic and menus, so that operation in the field occasionally gets confusing.

Now with the more capable E-M5 II, I'm trying the dream of having two identical bodies, so that switching is transparent. Just pull up the one with the focal range I want. So the E-M5 and GX7 will go on the block. I feel a little bad about the GX7. I really like it, as a camera, but it doesn't fit in anymore.

Moose