Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:30:08 -0700
On 4/18/2015 4:42 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Wi-Fi doesn't appear to work for me. I tried it on my old Android phone which is way back level on the OS. When I search for the app it's not found using the phone. If I try it on my Android tablet the app is found and will install. I also installed a QR code reader which appears to read the QR code on the camera but then everything comes to a halt. The camera remains stuck on the QR code screen

Mine does that too, on iPhone and iPad, I have to ignore it. When connection is
established, the proper screen appears.

and the tablet just sits there displaying what it apparently read from the QR code.

On the iThingies, there is at that point something to click to save the profile just input from the code. Then, I have to go into Settings (I forget the Android eq.) and change WiFi connection to the camera. It's all sloppy and unintuitive, but I get there, fairly quickly if I've done it recently. Seems like the Panny's were harder to get connected the first time, quite frustrating, then easier subsequently.

Here's what the Dpreview writer had to say:
"... and an even bigger fan of Wi-Fi integration into cameras. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a camera-to-smartphone/smartphone-to-camera experience that hasn't left me wanting more, and Olympus is no exception. "

Not important enough for me at the moment to chase it down. The instructions do say it's designed for a phone so maybe that's the problem but my phone is ancient in smartphone years.

Works with tablets, too, as long as there is an Oly app for them. I don't personally care whether you use it, just thought it might be quicker and with better results with less time and bother than a bunch of time lapse shots. If the turtles stay quiet most of the time they are sunning, the time lapse solution might be great.

Hard Shell Moose