Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:04:54 -0400
I've never even looked at a GX7 until just now on DPReview. What I see there that interests me is the tiltable EVF and its placement to the left (good for a left-eyed shooter) to avoid covering the even better placed AF lock button. The power switch solution is nice but doesn't excite me at all. I can never recall drawing my camera and wanting to instantly switch on to capture some fast moving action. Maitani apparently thought that was so important that he left the power switches off the OM-2s and later electronic cameras. The only thing that ever did for me was cause me to be a bit ticked by having to remove batteries from infrequently used cameras. There is an even better solution to that... a power switch that *I* can choose to leave on or off depending on my use of the camera.

Chuck Norcutt