Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Moose, re. Shutter shock
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 17:33:00 -0700
Thanks, Moose. I guess I should learn that whenever a camera comes out that
finally has the features I absolutely must gotta have, I should refrain from
buying that camera and wait for the next version. Or I should revise my
philosophy of "Use it 'till it rots."  :-)

--Peter, owner of Leica M8 and Olympus E-M5 Mark I
Dictating to my iPad
(If it misconstrues, please excuse)

Moose wrote:
The E-M5 II has a very transparent setting of "Zero second Anti-Shock", which
uses the EFC up through 1/320 sec. and mechanical above that. So it has neither
that funny sounding delayed shutter of the Mark I nor image blur from shutter
shock. I'm under the impression also that the E-M1 introduced a revised shutter
mechanism with less shock, but don't know what would verify.