Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:30:18 -0500
My after-market grip doesn't cover the battery well but I usually leave a Manfrotto quick connect plate attached to the grip and that does partially cover the battery well. But the quick connect plate comes off quickly and without tools.

The E-M1 will not have this problem since the tripod socket is far enough off center that it doesn't cover the battery door. The E-M5's after-market grip attaches to the body's tripod socket and introduces a replacement socket that's closer to but still not on center.

Chuck Norcutt