Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 10:02:15 -0500
Don't take it as gospel but I believe I have left the E-M5 powered on just setting in the bag a couple of times for an undetermined number of days (weeks??) and found it to be not much worse for wear when I finally went to use it. Same with the Canon 5D (but it doesn't go for months)

On the other hand, you don't want to do that if you have the E-M5 connected by USB for downloading images. I always used to remove the flash card for downloading images with other cameras. However, the aftermarket grip I have on the E-M5 covers the card socket and requires a screwdriver for removal. It takes longer to go fetch a screwdriver than the actual removal of the grip but it's just easier to plug the camera into a USB port. However, if you forget that it's there and powered on you may return some (undetermined) number of hours (not days) later to find that the battery is dead. I've done it a couple times and don't seem to learn the lesson.

That's another reason I'll appreciate the E-M1. I get a very nice grip but one which doesn't need to be removed to get the flash card out. Using just the flash card I can also plug a reader into a USB 3 port for better performance than the camera itself is capable of.

Chuck Norcutt