Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-M1 arrived yesterday afternoon a day early from B&H
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:19:03 -0800
On 1/28/2015 8:59 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Now I just have to get it sorted out. But I already love it for its ergonomic factors. The AEL/AFL button is in exactly the right place for controlling focusing manually with the thumb. The grip is just right and the two control wheels are very well positioned for operation with thumb and forefinger.

Excellent!

I haven't noticed any difference in the higher resolution EVF but neither have
I done a direct comparison.

I switch back and forth between E-M5 and GX7 moment to moment all the time, and don't notice the difference. I like to think I'm through looking to the subject, not AT the VF. :-)

E-M5 - 1.15x, 1.44 MP
E-M1 - 1.48x, 2.36 MP
GX7 -  1.39x, 2.77MP

I keep reaching for the power switch in the wrong place but it's similar to an OM film body power switch so that shouldn't take much more getting used to.

I've never gotten used to the switch on the E-M5. It's just in the wrong place for me, and my only ergonomic gripe. The classic OM location is better, but still not ideal. I wish they had used a GX7 and realized how perfect its on/off switch location is.

Switched On Moose