Re: [OM] CS5 Photoshop advice requested

Subject: Re: [OM] CS5 Photoshop advice requested
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:30:40 -0800
I do see what you mean, Chuck. Here's what I see. I made a new image with half of it black and the other half white. I then cloned a black circle on the white area with the hardness set to 100%. Then I changed only the hardness to 80% and placed the cursor over the original cloned spot. The diameter of the cursor has increased and the area inside the cursor is now larger than the original spot and the outer circle on the cursor has become fuzzy looking. The diameter of the cursor changes with the hardness setting. I think that the fuzzy cursor could be intended to indicate that the brush edge is no longer as definitive as at 100% setting. As you would expect from a "soft-edged" brush. In CS6 and before, the outer circle of the cursor does not become fuzzy when reducing hardness. The diameter reacts the opposite of the way it acts in CC. As the hardness is reduced, the cursor diameter decreases.In both cases, the brush size in pixels (as seen in the dialog box) stays the same. I do see a bit of overspray with reduced hardness. Looks simple to me, if you want sharp definition of the edge, use 100 % hardness. VBG And for what it is worth, I worked like that at one time. Then I found layers. LOL
Paul in Portland OR