Re: [OM] OT: Ebola Outbreak

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Ebola Outbreak
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:07:19 -0700
On 10/17/2014 4:54 PM, John Hudson wrote:
According to a news clip today on CNN,

I do almost no news. The one I just posted was a result of this thread - I went
looking, and that's the first thing I found.

your Mr John Kerry [a political celebrity]  has a diametrically opposite view
opposite view on the issue.

Celebrity has nothing to do with knowledge or intelligence. In fact I suspect there is an inverse relationship, on average, for sure.

As AG has pointed out, Kerry is well known for being like a fish just landed on the dock, you don't know where it will be pointing at any moment. You may be sure that his position on this is based entirely on political considerations, and should flip soon.

Remember the asbestos workers in Quebec through to the late 1980s who were assured by the best medical and political voices that mining asbestos was "no problem" for their health ? As it turns out, mesotheloima and other asbestos related diseases are amongst the most serious industrial afflictions of the modern age and their afflictions are almost 100% terminal. Likewise with today's fly weight assurances as "no problem" with ebola !

If you choose to equate illness caused by mechanical reaction to long term exposure to airborne particles with viral disease, I believe you will be mislead.

Ebola is not a new, mysterious viral disease. It is endemic to parts of West Africa, and has been rather thoroughly studied. If mutation were to produce a new strain that could infect through skin touch and/or airborne particles, that would be a new and really frightening thing. And we would know it is coming, from the huge piles of bodies mounting up in Africa.

Back to square one of this thread, both the people who would be in physical contact wit the patient, in mahatma suits, and the guy with the clipboard several feet away, were properly attired for their jobs. The hue and cry in the media was simple ignorance, mixed undoubtedly with strains of stupidity and the need to capture eyeballs for ratings and ad income. They got you.

Moose