Re: [OM] (OM) Album for a potential business client

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Album for a potential business client
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 08:11:21 -0400
Are you sure you'd like to stick with this point? Blown highlights don't generally occur to the eye unless we're looking directly into the sun or stare intently into one part of a scene. That's because the dynamic range of the human eye is far greater than any camera. But blown highlights or blocked shadows in camera images occur frequently because the dynamic range is inadequate to capture what the eye sees in very bright or very dim light.
<http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/cameras-vs-human-eye.htm>

Trying to capture a landscape as the eye sees it is very difficult. But that's your job as the photographer. Ignoring the problem is not the way to make sales.

Chuck Norcutt