Re: [OM] (OM) Album for a potential business client

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Album for a potential business client
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 00:21:13 +1200

Andrew F wrote re:

> Merino, is an exceptionally high earner
because the wool is very fine.

But they taste terrible!
Even Kiwi evil
wide comb shearers won't eat it.

> I like sheep and understand
them;

That's really, very worrying. (pun alert).
Do they understand you
back?

Whe

> of the everyday scene.
>
> Aoteroa? (sp?)
-left:5px;
width:100%">

That's what my eyes tell me anyway.

You have a
conversation with your eyes?
And you believe th> width:100%">

Brian
des

I "was" originally going to write something about the taste
of merino meat, but decided that it was enough to mention the wool.
However, since Andrew brings it up, here we go ..

Must be a different
merino here from what you have in OZ, Andrew, or their Aus

> no meat
agrees t
eptionally good tasting. I first noticed this when I was about
14 and my Dad bought a dozen or so for us to have as house sheep - he
used to kill and dress our household meet on the farm. With a family of
7 in all we'd eat about one sheep a week ... Some of the
clover/ryegrass-fed Romney or Southdown can taste downright rank. And
the merino is very fine grained meat, as well as tasting well, if you
are into red meat.. These days I eat mainly fish or chooks.

Do sheep
understand me back? Yes, because if I am trying to move them from one
paddock to another (eg) I can predict their responses and they go where
I want.

I'll ignore the usual implied Australian joke about Kiwi
sexual preferences for sheep. :-)

Merino however, are absolutely
something else, for farm management. They are clever, and behave more
like goats. And VERY flock/herd oriented. They go best where they decide
they wish to go, so if you want to move / muster them, it is necessary
to persuade them they want to do whatever it is.

Brian