Re: [OM] New cam jitters--what utility do you use to transfer files?

Subject: Re: [OM] New cam jitters--what utility do you use to transfer files?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 07:31:39 -0400
I've been using Downloader Pro for almost 10 years with Canon, Minolta and Olympus digital images. The reason I use it is that my preferred organization of all of my images is by date with a subject name as in:
2014-05-18 - Sale photos for 2712 Columbia Drive

Downloader Pro supports that name format via custom format codes. You can do pretty much whatever you want. It prompts me for the subject name and then creates one or more folders with that name depending on how many distinct dates it finds on the flash card. It also remembers what it downloaded. If I don't format the card and come back with more images it gives me the option of downloading all or downloading just what's new.

It's not uncommon that there are multiple image dates on the card and they're not necessarily the same subject. I that case I may have to rename some of the folders but the files are at least segregated by date.

I tried PIE once but think I need to go back and revisit it. I've taken to shooting both RAW and JPEG with the E-M5 and I'd prefer PIE's treatment of RAW and JPEG (into separate named folders) over Downloader Pro's treatment of the two images as though they are one (although separable if desired).

Chuck Norcutt