Re: [OM] Photo workshops

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo workshops
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:06:15 -0700

On 4/11/2014 5:13 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I didn't do it myself since it was only a simple trial to see if FM
> would fix up the old soldier's face.  But much of the image is in good
> focus or as good as you'd like it to be.  But if the entire image is hit
> with FM then some of it gets overly sharp.  If I was doing it for real I
> would do it on a layer, keep the old soldier's face and anything else
> that wasn't too sharp but then mask out the overly sharpened bits and
> combine the layers.

You've answered your own question.

It's not unusual for me to have several sharpening layers. Maybe one
duplicated, with low opacity on the bottom, higher
opacity and a mask above, using a lowish flow brush to blend in. I've been
known to have three, maybe four layers with
different radii, at various opacities, masks, etc. The trick to make it all
look good and natural is lots of subtle
blending.

Sharp Moose