Re: [OM] IMGS: Texting Monk

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Texting Monk
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:03:49 +1000
Not exactly. That's an elite school which has come to the bleeding obvious
conclusion that 14yo grade 9 (third formers) are ineducable unless pain is
involved and so sends them on a sort of six month camp where (shock, horror)
they have to cook and clean for themselves and do some basic bushwalking in
between formal classes. Quite a few of the 'better' schools do that here and to
a murkin it would look much like school in a summer camp setting.
What I was referring to was arranging for your 17-20yo offspring to go work on
a thousand square mile sheep or cattle station (ranch) doing real work like
fence riding and droving, on horseback and trail bike. Jackeroo = young
ranchhand. Wind in your teeth, cowshit in your boots, dust in absolutely
everything type of work. Reality check. Popular with females too 'cos horsies
are involved (Jilleroo). They don't plat polo.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com

Author/Publisher: