Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:48:40 -0700
On 3/23/2014 7:13 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:

> Alas, I truly believe something will intervene before that happens. Think
> Black Death, only much swifter and more virulent.

We have all assumed, led by those who claimed to know, that the Black Death was
bubonic plague, and spread by fleas on rats.

Some folks (historical forensic epidemiologists?) have recently read all the
contemporary accounts and concluded that
the BD was NOT the plague. Onset and symptoms wrong and progress quite a bit
too rapid.

Last I noticed, they were unsure what it was, but suspecting a form of
hemorrhagic fever.

I'm thinking there's not much known that is swifter. Nothing much more
virulent, in terms of effect on those who catch
it, either. We could imaging something to which fewer are immune, though, if
that makes you happy. :-)

Zombie Apocalypse?

Z. A. Moose