Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:53:49 -0700
On 3/23/2014 11:43 AM, deebel wrote:
> I've also heard that over a certain windspeed that it is unsafe for the
> turbines to operate which seems rather ironic

I was watching some wind farms, and wondered why the older, smaller ones go
slower than the huge new ones. I could think
of some engineering reasons that might apply.

Then it occurred to me that it might by the same thing as airplane propellers
run into, tips going supersonic?

Those long blades are longer than a semi trailer. Destabilize them, and they
could fly off wipe out a farm.

Mach ? Moose