Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:31:48 -0800
On 2/12/2014 1:04 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> I don't get it. Are you going to buy the X body when enough people on the
> list have bought one? What's the point? Either it meets your needs or it
> doesn't. I fail to see why the degree of adoption on a small internet mailing
> list should influence your decision.

You've made an invalid assumption; "you going to buy" assumes AG will actually
buy something. Check back a few days; he
was drooling over Sony A7 and A7R, and talking like he might buy one.

He has had imaginary affairs with many, many cameras of various brands over the
last few years, but his most recent
digicam is a Panny DMC-L1, a 2006 camera. Bought used, and already past it on
specs.

That's not to say there is anything right or wrong about the L1. It's just that
AG's posts about camera's he would like
is an entertaining and not uncommonly informative, for those of us who actually
buy cameras, serial saga, that has
nothing to do with buying anything.

He has saved much more money not buying cameras than any of us has spent on
cameras. :-)

One might think of it as reportage, covering the inner state of the Silver
Schnozz GAS Complex and trends on this list.

And he's quite right about a spate of Fuji love here among those who put their
money where their mouth is.

One day, it will happen, he'll buy another digital camera, of current, or at
least recent, vintage. The funny thing is,
I'll bet it will be one he hasn't post about wanting. :-)

Schnozz Tweaker Moose