Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:01:45 +0100
Thanks for the kind words.

I guess I was too harsh in my initial post. I too live in a place with no
decent camera store, so most of what I buy is online. At least with the Fuji X
outfit, I have had the opportunity to handle the cameras and lenses because
friends whom I meet on my travels had them and let me fondle them.

I should also say that I still have and use other cameras. In fact, the camera
I enjoy using most is my Leica M8. The only problem is that its high ISO
performance is not good, so for travelling or when I expect to be shooting at
night, I take the Fuji outfit--it is more flexible.

And I still have an MFT outfit too--a Panasonic GF2 with either the 1.7/20mm or
the 14-42mm. This is the camera I take with me in my handlebar bag when I go
cycling.

And I even have two film cameras, both MF--and I do shoot a roll once in a
while.

But the M8 and the Fuji are my two main systems. As far as Leica is concerned,
I am definitely "behind" the crowd, still using the maligned M8 that I bought
in the fall of 2008. One day I would like to upgrade to one of Leica full frame
bodies but I am not prepared to pay the prices, even for used M9, at this
point. This is also where the Fuji comes in handy. If the M8 dies tomorrow, I
will be able to use my Leica lenses on the Fuji. The Fuji is the first
non-Leica body on which I actually enjoy using Leica lenses.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain