Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel

Subject: Re: [OM] Brand Shift - The Sequel
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:35:57 -0500
I pay a great deal of attention to what listers buy and praise here and
the reasons why.  The reason is that I haven't seen or been in a real
camera shop for probably at least 8-9 years.  From where I live in NY I
would have to drive at least 100 miles to find a real camera store and
probably much more than that.  Since I can't handle the merchandise
before I buy I depend on the observations of people here that I've known
and trusted for years.  I did get a chance to borrow and use a 5D before
I bought my own but, even when I was living 10 miles from Boston, it was
not possible to find an Olympus DSLR.  Actually, I did find an E-1 in
one Boston area store right after it was announced.  When I went back to
take a second look a few weeks later it was gone.  I was told they'd
stopped carrying Olympus products.  That was the last time I ever saw an
E-1.

These days, however, I might decide to rent from lensrentals.com after
evaluating what I hear on the list and elsewhere and before actually
buying.  I know they do rent some bodies now as well as lenses.

Chuck Norcutt