Re: [OM] Journalism Today

Subject: Re: [OM] Journalism Today
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:30:01 -0500
I was going to put it much less eloquently. Top 40 percent pay the bulk of
taxes because THAT'S WHERE THE MONEY IS. The bottom 60 percent don't have any
money, and many of them have so little that they need assistance.

Not to mention that merely using statistics to underscore ratio of payments in
now way suggests whether the pool of money under discussion is enough. The
better off may pay 106.2 percent (how do you pay more than 100 percent?), but
that does not mean they pay enough.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal